Most people don’t realize that small actions, over time, can add up to massive results. They feel that it will be too difficult to break old habits and replace them with good ones or take too long to see any results, so they are unwilling to try.
However, small habitual changes can affect all areas of your life, including your health, relationships, and finances.
For example, taking the stairs instead of the elevator will eventually cause you to lose weight and feel better about yourself.
If you had a habit like taking coffee breaks every day, by switching to healthier things like drinking water and eating fruit, you would find yourself feeling more alert, productive, and energized throughout the day.
You can also strengthen your health by quitting smoking or decreasing the amount of alcohol you consume. If you are having trouble breaking a bad habit, try breaking the habit into small actions.
The point is, you have to start somewhere. And even if it is small, it can make a big difference.
The Importance of Small Habit Changes
We're quick to dismiss the benefits of tiny habits. We tend to brush off small changes because they don't seem like they matter that much.
Saving $20 today will not make you rich tomorrow. Going to the gym three times this week will not make you the next Arnold Schwarzenegger.
But over time, these small, seemingly inconsequential actions can add up. For instance, the average American adult gains 1.5 to 5 pounds per year through diet.
We see many people try to lose weight by cutting down on fast food but then give up only a few months later. They do so because they don't change the habit. And because they don't stop to take smaller steps. But small changes are still significant.
For instance, instead of going out to dinner every night, why don't you make scrambled eggs at home on Thursday? This shift changes your mindset and your calorie consumption. One small change will lead to more significant, long-term results.
Try these small steps today for some vast improvements in the future:
1. Start your day by drinking water.
An interview with a nutrition coach suggests that many people are chronically dehydrated. People often start their day with a cup of coffee that they drink throughout the day.
- Others love to take in a lot of alcohol or soda. And sometimes, people just aren't aware of how much water they take. Studies ffindicate that even dehydration on the mild side can still cause headaches, fatigue, and even lack of focus.
- It can be easy to drink a cup of coffee throughout the day or engage in other unhealthy routines when we're not careful about how much water we're consuming. Make that a small habit. Instead of starting your day with coee, go with water.
- You could even try drinking a glass of water before you unlock your door in the morning.
2. Spend less time on social media.
It's easy to allow time to pass by as we scroll through Facebook or Instagram. According to research, people who find themselves on Facebook more often feel more depressed.
- They can become obsessed with social media to the point that it distorts their reality and makes them less productive. If you spend a lot of time on social media, consider removing these apps from your phone or tablet.
- Instead, opt to read a good book or devote your time to doing something else.
Small habit changes can make a big difference. When you're at work, take breaks to walk around or stretch your legs. Try to eat or snack in a seated position when you're at home. These small changes can make a big difference in your health and happiness.
When you make small changes, you won’t immediately notice the difference. However, these changes will have an enormous impact on your health and success over time.
For example, if everybody in your office sits at a desk for long hours on end, this would no doubt harm their health. However, if everyone took a five-minute break to stretch their legs every few hours, this would make a difference.
Small changes can make a big impact. Try it today!
Start Journaling With LeStallion Premium Journals
LeStallion Soft Cover PU Leather Journals inspires and excites you to write more, allow you to further grow and develop, so you may achieve your goals and dreams!SEE THIS JOURNAL