Habits are interesting things: they start as one-time events, and before you know what's happening, you have already formed them. Without these habits, many things in our lives would be excessively time-consuming.
Our body starts habits to prevent us from thinking about every little step every single time. So habits can be good or bad, and once you form one, it is hard to stop.
A habit can lessen your problems, or it can cause more. The habits that you form today can lead to a good or a bad tomorrow. It all depends on which habits you choose to develop.
For example, you can choose to procrastinate, which leads to more stress in the long run. Or you can choose to do things efficiently, which will decrease your stress and increase productivity. You have control over your habits.
So, what current habits should you break right away if you truly want to make tomorrow better? Here are a few examples:
1. Stress eating.
Stress eating involves eating unhealthy snacks or meals when you're stressed out. If you eat like this regularly, you're probably not eating as nutritiously as you should.
● And most of the time, it's not as if you're intentionally eating this way. You do this because you feel stressed out, so you eat. You don't have to. Breaking the habit of stress eating may be challenging, but it's essential to do so.
2. The habit of sitting for too long at a time.
It can seem challenging to find the time to do anything these days. But it's crucial to make time to exercise. Exercise can help you feel your best throughout the day, and it's a great way to cope with stress.
● You might think it's okay to sit down for hours on end, especially when you have a lot on your to-do list. But it's important to get up and move around now and then. Moving around helps boost your metabolism, which can help prevent weight gain and reduce stress.
3. Hitting snooze on your alarm clock.
No one likes waking up in the morning. But anyone who wakes up is happy to do it finally. The difference between the high achievers and the rest of us is that the latter hit the snooze button on their alarm clock.
● Hitting snooze also makes it easy to fall back asleep and push back time on essential activities. This habit can affect your mood and makes it difficult to perform at your peak during the day.
● The thing with sleep is, the more sleep-deprived you are, the less productive you'll be. That is because sleep revitalizes your body and your mind, which helps keep you alert and focused.
● That does not mean it's a good idea to hit the snooze button multiple times each morning in an attempt to get more sleep. Do this instead: Go to sleep earlier than usual if you feel you don't have a good rest each night.
4. Spending hours on social media.
According to a study, daily social media users spend an average of 2.5 hours on sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat. The problem here is that social media is often used not to relax but to procrastinate.
● 76% of adults between the ages of 18 and 34 use social media to waste time at work, according to a survey. All that time spent on social media is time lost at work or school.
● Instead of wasting time on social media, use it more productively. Limit your social media activity to no more than 30 minutes a day.
5. Working overtime.
According to statistics, the average American adult works 40 hours a week. But the reality is, most of us work for longer than that. When we work overtime, we forfeit family time, sleep and keep our physical and mental health in decline.
● Working overtime also costs us more money because, according to the research, it costs $1,000 a year more to work full time than to work part-time.
● By working less, you can build a more substantial divide between work and the rest of life.
If you want to make tomorrow better, it’s important to start with breaking your bad habits. These habits can drain your energy and prevent you from reaching your true potential.
If you think you should quit a habit, try quitting for a little while first. This way, if the outcome isn't what you hoped for, then it's easy to go back to your old ways. But if things go well once you break the habit, then there will be no turning back!
Start Journaling With LeStallion Premium Journals
LeStallion Soft Cover PU Leather Journals inspires and excites you to write more, allow you to further grow and develop, so you may achieve your goals and dreams!SEE THIS JOURNAL